Wednesday, August 10, 2016

EDTECH 513 Project #5: Worked Example Screencast

The benefits of using a worked example is allowing your learners to see a step-by-step visual of how to complete a task.  This instructional process that allows students to work through a problem and helps build upon their previous skills.  The video is segmented allowing the learner to follow along and not become overwhelmed.

For my Work Example Project, I used Camtasia Studio to create and edit my project.  The purpose of my work example was to show my students how to use Adobe Spark to create short visual presentations.  I learned how to use Spark when making my Digital Story and felt that this product would be great for my middle school students.  

Some of the challenges I faced when creating this was the recording and editing.  It was easy to record, but found I needed to redo segments a few times to make sure it was the quality I wanted.  Also, during the editing, most was easy to adjust and cut, but when recording it stayed on the screen as I was clicking the "stop" button.  This was on the video and because it was a short time it was difficult to cut that small of a section.





Link to EDTECH 513 Work Example
Link to Adobe Spark Work Example Narration 

No comments:

Post a Comment