Thursday, August 4, 2016

EDTECH 542: Final Reflection

With the complete of this Project Based Learning course I feel that I have completed a PBL I can use in my classroom this year.

What do you know or understand best about Project Based Learning? What do you understand least?
  • I understand the active learning PBLs encourages and the implementation of technology connected to it.  This is a type of learning takes quite a bit of time to develop and integrate into the classroom, but the long-term knowledge the students will gain is worth the time.  This allows the students to take an active roll in their learning and will connect them more to the content.
  • I am still learning how to develop the process and create a meaningful entry event.  This type of activity will work well in a history classroom, but I need to manage my time properly to ensure I am able to cover all the content I need to for the year.
What did you expect to learn in this course? What did you actually learn? More, less, and why?
  • I expected to learn how create a PBL and understand the purpose in the classroom.  I felt I learned more because I created an actual PBL that I can use in my classroom.  It was helpful to work with Tim Stark on the project to be able to combine ideas and develop meaningful project.
What will you do with what you have learned?
  • I will use the project created in this course and use it as an example for how to setup more PBLs for other topics.  I hope to share what I have learned with my coworkers and possible develop a project across curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment